I am loving this Iced Turmeric Chai Latte made with Turmeric Teas' Dawn loose leaf blend! As the weather gets warmer I am craving refreshing, chilled beverages that still provide enough energy for the busy work day, and this drink does the trick! Dawn blend contains Assam black tea leaves providing the perfect dose of energy, as well as other delicious ingredients including ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, and of course turmeric. I highly recommend it for anyone ready to "Summer-ize" their latte!
This beverage is super simple to make, not to mention contains the abundant health benefits of the super-spice turmeric! Feel free to use a milk of your choice, my favourite is homemade almond milk!
To make enough for 2 lattes:
- 2 tsp. Dawn organic loose-leaf tea
- 16 oz of hot water
- 1/2 cup of milk (Almond Milk recipe included below)
- hand full of ice
- (optional sweetener of your choice!)
- Steep 2 tsp. of Dawn organic loose-leaf tea in 16 oz of water (95 ̊C) for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea leaves, and let tea cool to room temperature.
- Combine the cooled steeped Dawn organic loose-leaf tea with 1/2 cup of milk and mix well.
- Poor over ice into two glasses & enjoy!
Homemade Almond Milk (makes 4 cups)
- 1 cup of raw almonds (unsalted)
- 4 cups of filtered water
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 medjool dates
Almond Milk Instructions:
- Soak almonds in plenty of water overnight. Drain and rinse well the next morning.
- Place almonds, water, vanilla extract and medjool dates in a blender or food processor and blend for 60 seconds or until smooth.
- Strain mixture over a large bowl through a cheese cloth or kitchen towel. Squeeze all the almond milk from the almond meal to extract as much almond milk as possible. (This recipe makes 4 cups of almond milk but for the Iced Turmeric Chai Latte recipe you will only need 1 cup. You can keep the remaining almond milk in the fridge for up to 5 days and use it for smoothies, baking or breakfast porridge.)