Turmeric Teas Winter blend was recently featured on The Marilyn Denis Show segment on a three-day Tea detox. Toronto based nutrionist and author Julie Daniluk shared her recipe for Turmeric Lemon Tea and also offered a convenient alternative of using Turmeric Teas Winter blend with some freshly squeezed lemon juice to make Turmeric Lemon Tea.
Turmeric Lemon Tea Recipe - Turmeric Teas
Servings: 2 cups, 250 ml each.
- Steep 2 tsp of Turmeric Teas WINTER in 500 ml of hot water (95 degrees C) for 5-7 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp lemon juice.
- Add honey or your favourite sweetener.
Julie Daniluk's Turmeric Lemon Tea Recipe
This recipe is an adaptation of Stanley Burroughs’ Master Cleanse. Even if you aren’t doing a formal cleanse, this beverage has benefits; it could be used occasionally throughout the entire MTHI plan to gently cleanse the body of toxins.
Drink this mixture before breakfast to help improve liver function and digestion. The classic Master Cleanse calls for maple syrup and cayenne and is consumed daily for forty days. Julie prefers to use a sweetener that is lower on the glycemic index, such as raw honey, and a cleansing spice that is less irritating to the intestines, such as turmeric. Choose organic, vine-ripened citrus whenever possible. Note: it is important that you consult a holistic practitioner for advice during a cleanse.
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) lemon or lime juice (2 tbsp is the equivalent to the juice of 1/2 a lemon or one lime)
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) raw honey or 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) stevia whole-leaf powder or 1/4 tsp (1 mL) stevia extract or 10 drops stevia extract liquid
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp (0.5-1 mL) turmeric (gradually increase the amount used)
- 2 cups (500 mL) filtered warm water
Makes 2 cups (500 mL).