- Aids in digestion - helps the body flush out unwanted toxins
- Cleanses your system - is a natural diuretic
- Balances pH - lemons are a highly alkalizing
- Promotes healing - lemons are very high in vitamin C
- Aids in weight loss - lemons are high in pectin fiber, said to help fight hunger cravings!
- Freshens breath!
Normally I cut a lemon in 2, squeeze one half into a tall glass, fill the glass halfway with cool water and then top it off with boiled water. When I am not in a rush this method of freshly squeezing lemons works. However, as of late, I am searching for any way to save time in the morning. I don't want to sacrifice my lemon water routine so I have included below an easy, time-saving, method of ensuring, even on the busiest days, you too can enjoy warm lemon water in the morning. And better yet! With this method, turmeric & ginger are also thrown into the lemon water mix using our delicious Winter (ginger) tea!
What you need:
- 2 tsp of Winter Tea
- 8oz of hot water
- 2 lemons
- Steep 2tsp of Winter tea in 8oz of hot water
- Let steep for 5 mins
- Remove tea from hot water and let cool
- Squeeze ALL the juice from the 2 lemons
- Combine and mix the cooled tea with lemon juice
- Carefully pour the tea & lemon juice mixture into ice cube tray(s) and place in freezer
- Once frozen, and ready to use, pop 2-3 ice cubes in a mug (or to your preferred taste), and top off with hot water.
- Sit back, and enjoy your easy turmeric lemon water!
For convenient storage, and to free up your ice cube tray, keep the frozen cubes in a freezer bag and store in freezer.
Following this recipe once a week will ensure you always have on hand some ready-to-melt cubes of lemon juice, turmeric & ginger. Sure to make your mornings run just a little smoother :)