I love salty snacks and especially the movie theatre popcorn. Sadly they are loaded with too much salt and chemicals. I made these delicious organic popcorn using just 5 ingredients. Loaded with anti-inflammatory ingredients like Turmeric, Olive Oil and rosemary. This salty and healthy snack is sure to please the family.
Scientists have found over 600 experimentally confirmed health benefits of turmeric, including the following benefits: improved brain function, anti-oxidant effects, prevention and treatment of cancer, stronger immune system, improved digestion, reduced risk of heart disease, reduced risk of diabetes, treatment of heartburn, and prevention and treatment of Alzheimer's disease.
I am committed to helping people add turmeric to their diets in different ways. I believe the only way we can incorporate something in our diet on a regular basis if it is delicious and effortless.
Try this easy and delicious recipe for healthy Turmeric popcorn
- 1/2 cup organic pop corn kernels
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp turmeric
- 1 Tsp dry rosemary
- Heat 1 Tsp oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add the pop corn kernels and let them cook in the pan for 30 seconds
- Sprinkle the Turmeric on top of the kernels and cover with the tight lid
- Turn the heat to medium and wait for kernels to start popping
- It will take about 3 minutes for all the kernels to pop, wait for the popping sound to end before turning the heat.
- Transfer the pop corn in a big bowl, drizzle the balance olive oil and sprinkle salt and rosemary. Toss the pop corn to coat them with the flavours.