This delicious breakfast is ready in less than 15 minutes and is loaded with plant based protein. Since my naturopath recommended me to have 20-25g of protein at breakfast, this delicious and easy recipe has become my go to breakfast dish. not only is this loaded with protein, it has a a good amount of finer from the vegetables and also the anti-inflammatory benefits from the super spice Turmeric.
Several studies now show that curcumin, an active ingredient in turmeric, has potent properties that benefit our bodies. In fact, Scientists have found over 600 experimentally confirmed health benefits of this superfood. Curcumin aids in liver detox and keeps our bodies clean and rhythmic. It also has potent anti-inflammatory properties making turmeric a perfect supplement for people suffering from joint pain or arthritis. Furthermore, curcumin is also proven to have several anti-cancer effects and is helpful in preventing and possibly treating cancer.
I love making a big batch (the whole block of Tofu) and use the balance to make Lunch wraps the next day or use it in my Tacos for dinner.
- 350g Organic firm tofu (61g of protein)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 11/2 cup chopped Tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp minced Ginger
- 3/4 tsp salt (use black salt if you want more of egg like flavour)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro to garnish
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Break down tofu with your fingers into smaller lumps to resemble scrambled eggs.
- In a shallow pan add 1tbsp of oil of your choice and warm it on medium high heat.
- Sweat the onions till they become translucent than add turmeric and ginger and cook for a few seconds.
- Add tomatoes and stir till they are almost done.
- Add Tofu, salt and black pepper, keep stirring till the tofu is covered with the sauce and has absorbed the delicious flavours (~2 minutes)
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with your favourite side.
Love them with potatoes and toast. I also like to add some jalapeño in my tofu but feel free to add whichever vegetables you like.
You can add Turmeric to your scrambled eggs too. Just add it to the oil before adding the eggs. Cooked Turmeric looses the strong flavour and gives food a beautiful yellow colour.