Turmeric and Mango Chia pudding
I made this delicious pudding with the leftovers from my Mango Turmeric Smoothie bowl. I am big into finding different ways to add superfoods in everyday meals. This Chia pudding is great as a dessert but also an amazing breakfast bowl.
Did you know chia is from the mint family? And, it is native to Mexico and Guatemala. These tiny seeds are loaded with fiber protein omega-3 fatty acids various micronutrients that makes it one of the most nutritious food on the planet.
Did you know mango is the most commonly eaten fruit around the world? I grew up eating a lot of mangoes and India. There's a reason why mango is called the king of fruit. It is not only delicious it's also loaded with a ton of nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin B and many other minerals.
And last but not the least turmeric, Curcumin is the main active compound in turmeric and it has very powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Follow the link if you want to know more about benefits of turmeric.
Let's get started with the recipe. For this recipe you need only a hand full of ingredients.
- 1/2 cup mango turmeric smoothie
- 1/2 cup almond milk are any nondairy milk of your choice
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of organic Chia seeds
- Mixed berries or other fruits for garnish.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of chia seeds with half cup off nondairy milk of your choice
- Mix the other 2 tablespoons of chia seeds with the half cup of mango turmeric smoothie.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight
- To assemble: pour the chia seeds with nondairy milk at the bottom of the bowl or a jar and top it up with the Mango turmeric smoothie chia seeds, garnish with berries.